UL shop No. 101,
opp dew priya bangalo part-II,
Nr.Anand Nagar Cross Road,
Advantages of Portable blood salvager system or Advantages of Autologous blood transfusion :-
- No risk of transfusion-transmitted infections like HIV, hepatitis etc . 44.4% postoperative infection rate with allogeneic (donor) blood
- No risk of incompatible donor blood.
- As the same blood is used there is No risk of allergic or immune reaction - this may be immediate or even delayed when you transfuse donated blood
- No risk of fever, chills, ague, etc. if transfuse donated blood due to WBCs & RBCs transfusing together or rarely due to bacterial contamination.
- No risk to maintain blood bag transportation temperature, & maintain storage temperature of blood
- As the patient own blood is used this is useful for patients with rare blood groups or antibodies.
- Despite the low risk many patients consider avoiding transfusion-transmitted infections such as AIDS the most important advantage of using their own blood.
- As the patient own blood is used there is No complications or risks of disease and thus reduced nursing time.
- No specialize equipments Like Blood Warmar , blood-cell saver machine not require .
- Complications occurring when donor blood is used are well documented. The Serious Hazards of Transfusion (SHOT) annual report 2010 concludes that the greatest risk in transfusion of blood products is the risk of the patient receiving the wrong blood. But in our portable blood salvager system or Auto hem salvager there is no such risk as the patient receives his own blood.
- Reduced cost of antibiotics and laboratory tests Enhanced recovery - by reducing post-operative infection rates with ICS as opposed to donor blood .by giving the patient own blood that function normally immediately – as opposed to donor blood which takes 24 hours to regain full functionality.
- Blood is a highly specialized tissue composed of more than 4,000 different kinds of components. Four of the most important ones are red cells, white cells, platelets, and plasma. Our portable blood salvager system or Auto hem salvager transfuse patient own whole blood. As against this cell saver machine or equipments which are available, transfuse only red blood cells from shed blood. The cell saver machine or equipments does not transfuse white cells, platelets, and plasma.
- The disadvantage of blood-cell saver equipments is the depletion of plasma and platelets. The washed cell saver removes the plasma and platelets to eliminate activated clotting factors and activated platelets which would cause coagulopathy if they were reinfused to the patient, generating a packed red blood cell (PRBC) product. This disadvantage is only evident when very large blood losses occur. Some study was designed to challenge the use of cell salvage in routine cardiac surgery.
- when very large blood loss and use Autohemsalveger no nid to transfusion of fresh frozen plasma (FFP) and platelets. But use blood-cell saver equipments then will recommend the transfusion of fresh frozen plasma (FFP) and platelets. Also possible diagnostic tests should be performed to determine the need for any blood products (i.e. PRBC, FFP and platelets)
- One more complications include haemolysis, and increased amounts of free haemoglobin, which can lead to renal damage. Cell-saverequipments give us blood contains no platelets or coagulation factors; therefore, in cases of massive haemorrhage, it is likely that the patient will require whole blood components, for example, platelets, fresh-frozen plasma, and cryoprecipitate. Autohemsalveger give us whole blood ,extra blood components not require.
Difference between portable blood salvager system or autohemsalvager and cell saver machine
Our portable blood salvager system is compact and can be moved anywhere there is no need for the patient to come to any special room while the cell saver machine is not mobile and patient has to be brought near the machine.
The cost of maintainence of cell saver machine is very high compared to no maintainence in portable blood salvager system or autohemsalvager
The cell saver machine are very highly priced compared to our portable blood salvager system or autohemsalvager.